This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Bible students sometimes run across troublesome passages that are difficult to understand and put into practice, but are significant to Christian growth and discipleship.
This study tackles Scriptures not normally studied from a discipleship viewpoint. An ideal guide for classes that seek short-term, flexible resources, since units can be studied in any order and class members can rotate teaching. 23 sessions. (separate study book #783771)
1. Is All This Sinning Really Necessary? (Genesis 3:1-24)
2. Absolute Commitment (Genesis 22:1-19)
3. The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20: 1-17)
4. Why Do Innocents Suffer? (Job 1:13-22)
5. The Potter and the Clay (Jeremiah 18:1-11)
6. True and False Religious Leaders (Ezekiel 34:1-16)
7. Will We Always Have the Poor With Us? (Amos 8:4-8)
8. Walking With God (Micah 6:6-8)
9. The Beatitudes (Matthew 5:1-12)
10. Is the Old Testament Relevant? (Matthew 5:17-48)
11. The Radical Demands of Jesus (Matthew 10:34-39)
12. Forgiveness (Matthew 18:21-35)
13. Walking in Our Neighbor's Shoes (Matthew 20:1-16)
14. The End of Time (Mark 13:1-37)
15. A Woman's Extravagance (Mark 14:3-9)
16. Understanding God's Law of Love (Luke 6:37-42)
17. How Long Is God Willing to Wait? (Luke 13:1-17)
18. The Word Made Flesh (John 1:1-18)
19. Receiving the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-12)
20. Discipleship and Marriage (1 Corinthians 7:10-16)
21. Speaking in Tongues (1 Corinthians 12:4-11; 14:1-19)
22. The Christian Family (Ephesians 5:21-6:4)
23. Testing the Spirits (1 John 4:1-6)
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Dr. Douglas E. Wingeier has served the church as a missionary to Singapore and as a seminary professor in the field of Christian education. Now retired from Garrett-Evangelical Seminary, Doug lives near Lake Junaluska, North Carolina, devoting his time to writing, editing, and peace with justice advocacy. Doug is an the author of several books for Abingdon Press with contributions to the Bible Reader Series, Great Themes of the Bible, and Keeping Holy Time. His most recent book is Creation: The God of Continuing Creation for the Great Themes of the Bible series.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Abingdon Press, 1994. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P11068778378X