This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Inspired by the popularity of the hugely successful Victoria at Table, here is a delicious new collection of favorite baked treats.
Victoria Sweet Baking offers a wide variety of baked goods, ranging from traditional teatime recipes like Lemon Squares to more intricate desserts like the Champagne Chocolate Torte. Each chapter also includes recipe headnotes describing special techniques, serving suggestions, and variations; color photographs of finished desserts; and sidebars discussing appropriate accompaniments, unusual ingredients, equipment information, and various aspects of entertaining. This book even explains which wines to serve with fruit desserts, and reveals the secret of the perfect cappuccino!
A delightful book to give as a birthday, housewarming, or hostess gift, this beautiful volume also contains tips on giving baked goods as giftsfor example, the scrumptious Mocha Hazelnut Tart.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
APRICOT PRUNE TARTLET These petit tarts, easily prepared from ingredients you probably have on hand, are perfect for unexpected guests. Try to find tart California dried apricots for these pastries; they have more bite than the sweeter Turkish variety.
12 to 16 dried apricot halves
12 to 16 pitted prunes
1 cup boiling water
One 17 1/4-ounce package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed according to package directions
1/4 cup sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 405 degrees F. Set out two baking sheets.
2. Place the apricots and prunes in separate small bowls. Pour half the boiling water into each bowl and let the fruit stand for 5 minutes, or until softened; drain.
3. Unfold one sheet of puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Press together the seams to seal. Using a floured 4-inch biscuit cutter, cut the pastry into 4 rounds, saving the scraps for another use. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
4. Arrange the pastry rounds on the baking sheets. Top each round with 3 or 4 pieces of each fruit and sprinkle them with the sugar.
5. Bake the tartlets for 15 minutes, or until the pastry is puffed and golden and the fruit is glazed. Serve the tartlets warm.
Copyright 1997 by The Hearst Corporation.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hearst. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0688144691. Seller Inventory # TH-HBO-27312
Book Description Hearst, 1997. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110688144691
Book Description Hearst, 1997. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0688144691