This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Early College High Schools are proving to be among the most successful school models to serve diverse populations of students in the 21st Century. ECHS Partnership and the MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) is the first in a three-part series to help administrators understand the benefit of the design and how to implement it, including key questions for both partners. With the institute of higher education (college) and the school district collectively working to help students typically underrepresented in higher education, the outcomes are more than promising. Studies show ECHS high school graduation rates well above 90% and 30% of students earning Associate's Degrees (the other 70% typically have far more college credit than their traditional school counterparts). Based on the authors' collective 15 years experience with ECHS in Texas, this first book in the series, based on Early College High School: An Intentional Design, will offer important information on the partnership and MOU. Other books in the series include Book 2 - ECHS Staffing, Students, and Other Stakeholders; and Book 3 - ECHS Structures and Systems which focuses on academics.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
For the past decade, Tracey K. Hurst has worked as an educational consultant, specializing in active engagement in the classroom including strategies, coaching, and assessment. She has visited 41 early college high schools across Texas, providing workshops and leadership & instructional coaching. Additionally, she works with traditional schools scaling the ECHS model elements K – 12 and those striving to incorporate student-centered learning activities in every class. Mrs. Hurst previously served as Secondary Advanced Academics Director in Richardson Independent School District where her primary responsibilities were around the College Board programs and dual credit. She taught secondary mathematics, grades 7 - 12, as well as PreAP Geography -- a subject she is passionate about -- primarily at Lake Highlands High School. During a hiatus from education, she worked as the director of a non-profit affiliated with the Smithsonian Institution. Mrs. Hurst holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Urban Planning from Binghamton University in New York and a Master's Degree in Curriculum and Instruction from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Dr. Uribe is the Director of the Texas Academy of International and STEM Studies and the Superintendent of Texas A&M International University Independent School District in Laredo, Texas. She is a published author and also serves as an Assistant Professor for the Department of Professional Programs, College of Education, Texas A&M International University. Dr. Patricia E. Uribe has over twenty-five years of experience in public education and served as the founding principal for the Laredo/TAMIU Early College High School. In addition, Dr. Uribe is also an educational consultant and has served as a Leadership facilitator and External Instructional Coach for twenty-four Early College High Schools in south Texas. Dr. Uribe holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Political Science with a concentration in Legal Studies from Southwest Texas State University (Texas State University), a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education and a Master’s Degree in Educational Administration from Laredo State University (Texas A&M International University), and a Doctorate Degree in Educational Leadership from Texas A & M University Corpus Christi and Texas A & M University Kingsville. (Collaborative Program).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hurst Educational Services, 2015. Paperback. Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 128 pages. 9.00x6.00x0.29 inches. In Stock. Seller Inventory # zk0692524118
Book Description Hurst Educational Services, 2015. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0692524118