Dr. Theodore Rooney, Medical Director of the Mercy Hospital Arthritis Clinic in Des Moines, draws on the latest medical breakthroughs to bring relief and reassurance to arthritis sufferers and their loved ones. THE ARTHRITIS HANDBOOK, designed for easy reference and easy reading, puts all the information you need at your fingertips. It offers concrete, commonsense suggestions for taking control of your condition -- and taking control of your life. You can overcome the discomfort of arthritis. Inside you'll find:
* A thorough discussion of medical terms and tests to help you understand your condition and communicate with your doctor.
* An indispensable guide to prescription and nonprescription drugs, what works and what doesn't, and how to sort out false claims from true results.
* A complete two-week menu, including tasty recipes fulfilling all your nutritional requirements, and a list of foods that can counteract the effects of arthritis.
* A schedule or rest and relaxation to help you reduce stress and fatigue.
* A comprehensive workbook to help your chart your progress and record your improvement.
* And much more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description W.C. Brown, 1985. Trade Paperback. Book Condition: Fine. 0697007154 near Fine Quality, Value, Experience. Media Shipped in New Boxes. Bookseller Inventory # LD11168
Book Description W.C. Brown, 1985. Paperback. Book Condition: Used: Good. Bookseller Inventory # SONG0697007154