Contemporary Nutrition Support Practice: A Clinical Guide
This comprehensive reference covers the principles and practices of nutrition support, with an emphasis on safety, efficacy, and science-based medicine. Chapters throughout this new edition have been updated to include the most timely information, and an enhanced organization and new internal design highlight key content. Designed for the nutrition support dietitian, this practical guide addresses the collaborative efforts of other members of the nutrition support team as well.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive clinical information is supported by extensive references from scientific literature.
- Nutrition support is covered throughout the lifecycle, in specific system disorders such as hepatic and renal failure, in general system disorders such as HIV disease and obesity, and in physiologic stress situations such as bone marrow and stem cell transplantation.
- Expert knowledge and experience is provided from over 60 distinguished contributors.
- Useful appendices cover normal weight and body fat by means, standard deviations, and percentiles for men and women.
- A new design with tables, boxes, and figures provides easier access to information.
- Chapters have been reorganized to present content more efficiently.
- Consistent headings throughout the text organize content more effectively.
- A new pocket guide companion ? packaged with each copy of the text ? includes useful facts, formulas, and equations from the main text.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.