Mosby's Pharmacy Technician: Principles and Practice (with CD-Rom)
This reliable resource presents a thorough and concise presentation of basic pharmacology. Written at the appropriate level for pharmacy technician students in any type of programs and for those being trained on the job, it features a full color design that fully engages the reader along with many unique features that make learning more interesting and more meaningful. Instructor resources are available; please contact your Elsevier sales representative for details.
- Section I, General Pharmacy, provides an overview of pharmacy practice as it relates to pharmacy technicians to help readers understand the role of a technician in the pharmacy setting.
- Section Two, Body Systems, provides a body systems approach to pharmacology to enhance the reader's understanding of why, how, and what drugs are used in the clinical setting for various body systems.
- Section Three, Classifications of Drugs presents a general breakdown of how similar agents are used to treat conditions to help readers understand how similar agents work in the body.
- Brief anatomy and physiology discussions in the body systems chapters help build a foundation for how the drugs work in the human body.
- Objectives are listed at the beginning of each chapter to clearly outline what readers are expected to understand from the chapter.
- Key terms with definitions appear at the beginning of all chapters to identify new terminology and make it easier to learn the new vocabulary that is vital to success on the job.
- A list of the drugs discussed within a chapter, along with the pronunciation, appear at the beginning of each chapter to help familiarize readers with the drugs they need to be familiar with on the job.
- Comprehensive drug tables that include pictures of drugs ― enhancing the reference value of the text while providing readers with quick, easy to understand information about specific drugs.
- Tech Notes interspersed throughout the text provide readers with helpful on-the-job hints.
- Pharmacist's Perspective boxes make content more interesting by relating the material to on-the-job situations viewed through the eyes of the pharmacist.
- The Tech's Corner at the end of each chapter promotes critical thinking skills by encouraging readers to pull together a collection of facts and information to reach a conclusion.
- An attractive full color design makes the text inviting and information more accessible.
- More than 300 photos and illustrations throughout the text help readers understand new concepts and procedures.
- Key points appear at the end of each chapter before the review questions to facilitate the understanding of key concepts presented in the chapter.
- Review Questions appear at the end of each chapter to help readers assess their knowledge and understanding of the chapter content before moving on.
- A bibliography appears at the end of each chapter to supply readers with additional sources to go to for further information on the chapter topic.
- A comprehensive glossary including all key terms and definitions is located at the end of the book ― providing one central location to look up the meaning of new terminology.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
A thorough and concise presentation of basic pharmacology
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.