This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The new edition of this respected resource enables readers to analyze policy issues, enhance their political knowledge and skills, and prepare for leadership roles in policy-making and public health. Over 100 well-known nurses explore policy and politics, strategies for policy development and political action, and the application of these strategies in the four spheres of workplace, government, organizations and community.
· Policy Spotlight boxes integrated throughout provide key information on specific policy issues such as complementary therapies and reimbursement, and Medicare issues and options
· A new chapter on Values, Policy, and Politics focuses on feminist and humanistic perspectives
· A new chapter on Communication Skills for Political Success includes effective tools for practice such as portfolio development, interview skills, and use of resume and curriculum vitae
· A new chapter on Politics of the Nursing Workforce focuses on key issues that nurses at all levels face in the workplace
· Solid breadth and depth of coverage of both policy and politics is included
· Contributors include leading nurse experts in policy and politics
· Diversity of styles, perspectives, and levels of content appeal to diverse nursing audiences
· Vignettes and Case Studies describe nurses' personal stories of involvement with policy and politics
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Analyze policy issues and prepare for leadership roles in policy-making and public healthAbout the Author:
Diana J Mason, PhD, RN, FAAN, Editor-in-Chief, American Journal of Nursing, New York, NY; Judith K Leavitt, RN, MEd, FAAN, Associate Professor of Nursing, University of Mississippi, Jackson, MS; and Mary W Chaffee, RN, MS, CNAA, CHE, FAAN, Deputy Director, Navy Medicine Office of Homeland Security, Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Washington, DC
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Saunders, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0721695345
Book Description Saunders, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110721695345
Book Description Saunders, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0721695345
Book Description Saunders, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. 4th. Seller Inventory # DADAX0721695345