With the Fourth Edition of Employee Benefits Answer Book, you're just seconds away from answers to over 1,000 questions on medical and dental plans, HMOs, EAPs, group term life insurance and other death benefit plans, disability insurance, vacation and severance pay, cafeteria plans, fringe benefits, retiree medical plans, and accounting issues. Fully updated, this timesaving reference helps you keep your plan in compliance with new COBRA and ERISA rules, the Internal Revenue Code, Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the Family and Medical Leave Act.
You get comprehensive coverage of new critical issues such as:
* The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
* The new Medicare Part C program implemented by the Balanced Budget Act of 1997
* Preexisting condition limits - the new rules
* New requirements for newborns, adopted children, and spouses
* New code 4980D excise tax for health plans
* Cafeteria plans and the FMLA
* COBRA technical amendments of 1996
* New $5,000 exclusion for employer-provided adoption assistance
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Aspen Publishers, 2003. Unknown Binding. Book Condition: Good. Item may show signs of shelf wear. Pages may include limited notes and highlighting. Includes supplemental or companion materials if applicable. Access codes may or may not work. Connecting readers since 1972. Customer service is our top priority. Bookseller Inventory # mon0001215118