The leading women's basketball coaching organization has developed a book complete with the best collection of drills for teaching and fine-tuning essential offensive techniques and tactics. This work was compiled by the top college women's basketball coaches in the USA, who have selected their best offensive practice drills for this ultimate point-producing manual. Included are drills from many legendary coaches, such as Tennessee's Pat Summit, Old Dominion's Wendy Larry, Virginia's Debbie Ryan and Notre Dame's Muffett McGraw. These coaches have assembled a useful practice resource for women's basketball coaches at university, secondary and primary school levels. Accompanied by detailed instructions and illustrations, each drill describes the purpose, procedure, key coaching points and possible variations to increase difficulty or competitiveness. The drills are grouped according to a key skill or facet of the offensive attack, making it easy for coaches to fine-tune their offence in practice so it is firing on all cylinders during games.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
“To improve as a coach, you must continue to study the game. WBCA’s Offensive Basketball Drills is a great way to improve.”
Van Chancellor Head coach and general manager Houston CometsAbout the Author:
Founded in 1981, the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) is the largest such organization in the United States. Its mission is to promote women’s basketball by unifying coaches at all levels to develop a reputable identity for the sport of women’s basketball and to foster and promote the development of the game in all of its aspects as an amateur sport for women and girls.
The WBCA is involved in several events and clinics throughout the year, including: the High School All-America Game (televised on ESPN2), the three-day educational Coaches' Academy, WBCA Premier Basketball Camps, the WBCA All-Star Challenge, the Coaches vs. Cancer Challenge, Coaching Clinics across the nation, and Sears Collegiate Champions (SCC) program. Through these events the WBCA not only tries to highlight exceptional talent among women and girl players but also provide opportunities for coaches at all levels to better themselves.
In addition to the activities that the WBCA puts on and sponsors, they have an extensive awards program through which the best, brightest, and most talented athletes, coaches, and contributors to women's basketball are honored. There is also the annual WBCA National Convention held in conjunction with the NCAA Women's Final Four and their three publications (Coaching Women's Basketball, At the Buzzer, and Fastbreak Alert) which provide coverage on all aspects of women's basketball from high school to professional.
The following are coaches who contributed drills to WBCA’s Offensive Basketball Drills:
· Joan Bonvoncini, University of Arizona
· Jody Conradt, University of Texas
· Jim Davis, Clemson University
· Kathy Delaney-Smith, Harvard University
· Nancy Fahey, Washington University
· Mike Geary, Northern Michigan University
· Bill Gibbons, Holy Cross College
· Chris Gobrecht, University of Southern California
· Theresa Grentz, University of Illinois
· Sue Gunter, Louisiana State University
· Mary Hile-Nepfel, University of San Francisco
· Sonja Hogg, Baylor University
· Patrick Knapp, Georgetown University
· Wendy Larry, Old Dominion University
· Angie Lee, University of Iowa
· Bob Lindsay, Kent State
· Bernadette Mattox, University of Kentucky
· Muffett McGraw, University of Notre Dame
· Joe McKeown, George Washington University
· Trina Patterson, College of William and Mary
· Rene Portland, Penn State University
· Gordy Presnell, Seattle Pacific University
· Carol Ross, University of Florida
· Jody Runge, University of Oregon
· Debbie Ryan, University of Virginia
· Paul Sanderford, University of Nebraska
· David Smith, Bellarman College
· Cindy Stein, University of Missouri
· Barbara Stevens, Bentley College
· Pat Summitt, University of Tennessee
· Tara Vanderveer, Stanford University
· Marian Washington, University of Kansas
· Kay Yow, North Carolina State
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Human Kinetics Publishers. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0736001670. Bookseller Inventory # SKU303293
Book Description Human Kinetics Publishers, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110736001670
Book Description Human Kinetics Publishers. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0736001670 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1221164
Book Description Human Kinetics Publishers, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0736001670
Book Description Human Kinetics Publishers, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0736001670