Welcome to the Golden Age of Radio and the best in classic mystery.
From 1939-1946 Americans gathered around their radio to listen to The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes -- featuring Basil Rathbone as the high strung crime solver and Nigel Bruce as his phlegmatic assistant, Dr. Watson.
Witty, fast-paced and always surprising, these great radio plays -- written by the prolific writing team of Anthony Boucher and Denis Green -- are as fresh today as they were then.
The latest audio technology was employed to bring the best audio quality and fidelity to the original performances, which feature nostalgic war-time announcements, original commercials and radio narrations.
This special CD edition includes 12 of the series' best episodes:
· The Unfortunate Tobacconist and The Paradol Chamber
· The Viennese Strangler and The Notorious Canary Trainer
· The April Fool's Day Adventure and The Strange Adventure of the Uneasy Easy Chair
· The Strange Case of the Demon Barber and The Mystery of the Headless Monk
· The Amateur Mendicant Society and The Case of the Vanishing White Elephant
· The Case of the Limping Ghost and The Girl with the Gazelle
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
SX to supply film & matchprint.Review:
Tampa Tribune Great fun. -- Review
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want