This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
the greatest thing you'll learn from actually practising The Joy Diet is that money, love, success, and, even physical health and fitness are the products of a joyful life, not the cause.' Martha Beck. This book outlines the ten most powerful, life-enhancing behaviours that Martha Beck has found in years of research and practice. Clearly explained, with poignant case studies from her life design practice, together with her trademark wit, The Joy Diet provides straightforward instructions for incorporating these behaviours into everyday life. By encouraging you to add the ten 'ingredients' of stillness, compassion, truth, desire, creativity, risk, play, treats, gratitude and rest to your daily routine, The Joy Diet shows you how to change the course of your lives. In turn they will be empowered to find purpose, overcome obstacles, heal wounds and build dreams
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Welcome to The Joy Diet, a menu of ten behaviors you can add to your way of living and thinking to enhance every day's journey through the unpredictable terrain of your existence. You can add these behaviors gradually and watch your life become steadily more vivid and satisfying. Or you can go on a "crash Joy Diet" to help you navigate life's emergencies.
The ten menu items are:
- Nothing: Do nothing for fifteen minutes a day. Stop mindlessly chasing goals and figure out which goals are worth going after.
- Truth: Create a moment of truth to help you unmask what you're hiding--from others and from yourself.
- Desire: Identify, articulate, and explore at least one of your heart's desires--and learn how to let yourself want what you want.
- Creativity: Learn six new ways to develop at least one new idea to help you obtain your heart's desire.
- Risk: Take one baby step toward reaching your goal. The only rule is it has to scare the pants off you.
- Treats: Give yourself a treat for every risk you take and two treats just because you're you. No exceptions. No excuses.
- Play: Take a moment to remember your real life's work and differentiate it from the games you play to achieve it. Then play wholeheartedly.
- Laughter: Laugh at least thirty times a day. Props encouraged.
- Connection: Use your Joy Diet skills to interact with someone who matters to you.
- Feasting: Enjoy at least three square feasts a day, with or without food.
No matter what your long-term goals are, The Joy Diet, written with Martha Beck's inimitable blend of
wisdom, practical guidance, and humor, will help you achieve the immediate gift of joyful living in the here
and now. Begin your journey today.
Martha Beck is a bestselling author. She has made numerous appearances on television and radio, including the television show OPRAH. She has carried out research at Harvard Business School, and through her company Life Design, Inc. she helps clients develop their careers and their lives.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Piatkus Books, 2004. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110749924276
Book Description Piatkus Books, 2004. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0749924276
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-0749924276