This much acclaimed text has been fully updated to incorporate the latest advances in the field. As leading authorities on adult education and training, Elwood Holton and Dick Swanson have revised this edition building on the work of the late Malcolm Knolwes.
Keeping to the practical format of the last edition, this book is divided into three parts. The first part contains the classic chapters that describe the roots and principles of andragogy, including a new chapter, which presents Knowles' program planning model. The second part focuses on the advancements in adult learning with each chapter fully revised updated, incorporating a major expansion of Androgogy in Practice. The last part of the book will contain an updated selection of topical readings that advance the theory and will include the HRD style inventory developed by Dr. Knowles.
This new edition is essential reading for adult learning practitioners and students and HRD professionals. It provides a theoretical framework for understanding the adult learning issues both in the teaching and workplace environments.
* Provides a theoretical framework for understanding adult learning issues both in teaching and workplace environments
* Essential reading for a wide audience of practitioners and students in the field of adult learning and human resource development
* Incorporates Knowles'classic theories on adult learning alongside the latest advances in the field
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
New edition of a great classic in the field. This text has been fully-revised incorporating the latest advancements in adult-learning.From the Publisher:
The late Malcolm Knowles' cornerstone work on adult learning theory and practices is updated with the latest advances in the field. In this new edition, Elwood Holton and Richard Swanson build upon Knowles' foundation to give:
* The latest perspectives on adult learning and its application in adult
education and human resource development.
* New developments in understanding adult learning (andragogy in practice)
* Methods for developing effective adult learning programs
* The basics of learning theories
* Why and how teaching adults is difference from teaching children
* A self-diagnostic tool (ready to photcopy) to determine your skill level as a trainer
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Butterworth-Heinemann, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. 6. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0750678372
Book Description Butterworth-Heinemann, 2005. Book Condition: New. Brand New, Unread Copy in Perfect Condition. A+ Customer Service!. Bookseller Inventory # ABE_book_new_0750678372
Book Description Butterworth-Heinemann, 2005. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # P110750678372