More and more people are expected to give speeches in public, whether at business presentations, at university, at a wedding or even in a debate. Whatever level of speaker you are, this guide contains:
- Practical tips for, and exercises on, presenting persuasive business presentations, the best 'best man' speech ever and becoming an accomplished public speaker
- Advice on how to choose, prepare and present your speech, including the basics of laying out the speech, use (and abuse) of technology and dealing and questions
- Case studies and lessons from famous speeches and speakers
Since it was founded in 1823, the Oxford Union has established itself as the world's leading forum for debate, attracting an unparalleled collection of speakers over the years, including the Dalai Lama, Malcolm X, Henry Kissinger, Mother Teresa, Ronald Regan and Stephen Hawking.
- Designed for every kind of speech – from business to weddings – and every level of speaker
- The Oxford Union is the definitive authority on public speaking
- The authors have won national debating championships and were finalists at the World Debating Championships in 1998
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
As members of the Oxford Union, Dr Dominic Hughes and Benedict Phillips won debates both nationally and internationally. Dominic was the associate editor of The International Journal of Forensics, a debating publication, and Benedict has prepared speeches for a number of political figures.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Virgin Books, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110753509555
Book Description Virgin Books, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0753509555
Book Description Virgin Books. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0753509555 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1998591