This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
* Most troubleshooting books concentrate on upgrading-and usually hardware at that. This book concentrates on solving problems-whether they are software, hardware, or operating system problems. The problems are the ones that Dan Gookin hears most often-the most frequently mentioned problems from his readers.
* Provides the background to understanding the differences between hardware and software errors and learning about the computer's startup sequence to help diagnose and fix common startup problems.
* Fix irritable error messages, slow PCs, internet and email problems, shutdown errors, and other common PC problems.
* Covers not only common disk problems, but also concentrates on using disk tools to improve disk performance, and preventative maintenance techniques.
* Techniques to avoid disaster: system restore, backup, disk cleanup, and virus protection.
* Tools and utilities provided by Windows to help troubleshoot your computer.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
The fun and easy way(TM) to diagnose the problem and get your computer back up and running
Solve all types of PC problems - hardware and software
Got a PC headache? Let Dan Gookin show you how to find relief
Funny start-up noises. Lost files. Mouse madness. Slowdowns. Web weirdness. Disk disasters. The dreaded blue screen of death. If you're beset by PC problems like these, you've come to the right place. PC expert extraordinaire Dan Gookin shows you step by step how to prevent PC calamities, deal with dozens of common mishaps and annoyances - and preserve your sanity.
The Dummies Way
* Explanations in plain English
* "Get in, get out" information
* Icons and other navigational aids
* Tear-out cheat sheet
* Top ten lists
* A dash of humor and fun
Dan Gookin wrote the first-ever For Dummies book, DOS For Dummies, as well as the bestselling Word 2002 For Dummies and PCs For Dummies, now in its eighth edition.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Condition: New. pp. 384. Seller Inventory # 7570349
Book Description Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Seller Inventory # AINDN-37460
Book Description Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery.This item may ship fro the US or other locations in India depending on your location and availability. Seller Inventory # AUSBNN-37460
Book Description For Dummies, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0764516698
Book Description For Dummies. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0764516698 Dispatched from London. Seller Inventory # Z0764516698ZN
Book Description For Dummies, 2002. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0764516698
Book Description Condition: New. This is Brand NEW. Seller Inventory # Atlantic-131092018-25980
Book Description For Dummies, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110764516698
Book Description For Dummies, 2002. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 0764516698n