This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
* Storage systems are back-up data centers for vital information and a reliable second line of defense in the event a network is brought down
* Security experts Chirillo and Blaul navigate the challenges of secure storage networks in this invaluable how-to book
* Presents a standard set of secure policies and applications
* Analyzes the strengths and weaknesses of SAN, NAS, and DAS systems, detailing security concerns and considerations
* Discusses how to implement and architect more secure storage systems, focusing on breaches, redundancy, and security strategies
* Takes into consideration protection against internal intruders and tests those plans via vulnerability and penetration testing
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Your in-depth guide to protecting SANs, NAS, and DAS from attack
Here is the ultimate storage security handbook from the nation's top secu-rity expert, renowned Hack Attacks author John Chirillo. To create a detailed blueprint for protecting vital storage systems, John and coauthor Scott Blaul analyze SANs, DAS, and NAS in detail. They examine strengths and weaknesses, describe architectural security concerns and considerations, and identify ways to implement and design more secure storage systems, protect against security breaches, and develop effective countermeasures in case of attack. If storage security is your responsibility, you simply cannot afford to be without their advice.
You'll learn how to:
* Create and implement sound security policies and procedures for any storage system from any vendor
* Implement physical and logical security
* Use redundancy and protect against both internal and external security breaches
* Protect storage systems from malicious code attacks
* Detect storage intrusions and implement countermeasures
* Secure distributed versus centralized data
* Architect storage systems that are fundamentally secure
* Verify the effectiveness of a secu-rity plan with vulnerability and penetration testing
The companion Web site includes informative articles, evaluation matrices, selection spreadsheets, source code for custom intrusion monitoring of storage networks, and more.
JOHN CHIRILLO, CISSP, ASE, CCDA, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, Master UNIX, is Senior Internetworking Engineer at ValCom. A nationally recognized authority, John has developed security solutions for numerous Fortune 1000 companies. He is the author of Hack Attacks Revealed, Hack Attacks Denied, Hack Attacks Encyclopedia, and Networking Lab Practice Kit.
SCOTT BLAUL, CISSP, ASE, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, CNE, is Director and General Manager of Profes-sional Services at ValCom. He has authored numerous technical training materials for the U.S. Marine Corps and is highly experienced with SANs, Microsoft products, and security vulnerabilities.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Paperback. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0764516884
Book Description Wiley, 2003. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0764516884