If you're looking for inside information and time-saving tips to maximize the power of Excel on your desktop and on the Web, then look no further than the Gold Edition of the best-selling Microsoft Excel 2000 Bible. Author John Walkenbach, a leading authority on spreadsheet software, has packed this book with valuable information for Excel users at every level:
* Acquaint yourself with essential Excel features, and navigate through basic files and workbooks.
* Dive deep into spreadsheet make-up and maintenance, from controlling worksheet data to working with rows, columns, cells, and ranges.
* Add visual elements to spreadsheets by formatting styles, fonts, and cell alignment, plus build charts, pictures, and drawings.
* Investigate advanced techniques that enable you to create and use worksheet outlines, link and consolidate worksheets, and utilize arrays.
* Explore Excel's Internet tools, and see how you can share data with other applications.
* Analyze data with Excel, and program Excel 2000 with VBA.
The bonus CD-ROM includes a fully functional trial version of Power Utility Pak 2000, with 50 general-purpose utilities and 40 custom worksheet functions, examples, and enhanced shortcut menus.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
If you need help crunching numbers using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Excel 2000 Bible can take novices or spreadsheet converts to an intermediate level and set regular users well on the road to mastery. So well-organized it could almost be a tutorial, the Bible starts with the basics of spreadsheet creation and navigation and moves on to cover weightier topics like sharing work, publishing data on the Web, and analysis using pivot tables.
You won't have any trouble finding everything you need, and when you do, the text and illustrations will show you the steps necessary to set your data to work. Unfortunately, it doesn't go into quite enough detail on the more advanced topics like Visual Basic programming, but for all but the mightiest data-jockeys it has plenty.
The accompanying CD-ROM has lots to keep you busy too: the complete text of the book, over 30 Excel utilities, custom worksheet functions, and even (why not?) a bunch of games. The 32-page Quick Start book will have you mucking about in spreadsheets in short order. As an overall package, the Microsoft Excel 2000 Bible is hard to beat. --Rob LightnerFrom the Back Cover:
The Ultimate Guide to Microsoft Excel 2000! In this indispensable resource, spreadsheet guru John Walkenbach gives you the tips and inside information you need to maximize the power of Excel on your desktop and on the Web. From basic cell formatting to sharing data across an intranet to Programming Excel with VBA, this Gold Edition of the bestselling Microsoft(r) Excel 2000 Bible answers all your questions and helps you create the perfect spreadsheets for your business. Inside, Find Everything You Need to Know to:
* Master skills needed to insert charts, graphics, sound, and video into your documents
* Harness formulas and functions to make your spreadsheets more powerful
* Share data between applications with linking and embedding
* Save worksheets as HTML documents and publish them on your Web page
* Consolidate and juggle multiple worksheets in a single workbook across a corporate intranet
* Import data from other databases or Office applications using queries
* Use existing templates, VBA macros, and custom worksheet functions and dialog boxes to automate Excel
Fully functional trial version of Power Utility Pak 2000 on CD-ROM, with
* 50 general-purpose utilities
* 40 custom worksheet functions examples
* Enhanced shortcut menus
* Games for Excel
* Sound-Proof add-in
* Chapter workbook
* Plus a PDF version of the entire book
Shareware programs are fully functional, free trial versions of copyrighted programs. If you like particular programs, register with their authors for a nominal free and receive licenses, enhanced versions, and technical support. Freeware programs are free, copyrighted games, applications, and utilities. You can copy them to as many PCs as you like-free-but they have no technical support. www.idgbooks.com System Requirements: Pentium PC; Windows 95 or NT; Excel 2000 or Microsoft Office Professional or Developer's Edition
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Hungry Minds Inc, Somerset, New Jersey, U.S.A., 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. TIA (illustrator). Beautiful New Book W/ Sealed Cd, New Book, Perfect Condition, Cover/Text Completely Pristine. No Physical Flaws. Due To Weight Of The Book, Usa Domestic Standard Shipping Only. Free Tracking Within The Us, And Email Notice When Shipped. Normally, Books Are Shipped Twice A Day, With Afternoon Usps Pickup, Or Next Morning Drop-Off At The Post Office. We Package On Sunday For Shipment First Thing Monday Morning. Your Satisfaction Guaranteed. We Have Multiple Copies Of Most Books. Email Inquiries Are Welcomed. Thanks For Reading All Of Our Boilerplate. Bookseller Inventory # 008087
Book Description Wiley, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110764534491
Book Description Wiley, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0764534491
Book Description John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2000. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. subsequent edition. 1381 pages. 9.75x7.75x2.75 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0764534491