* Shows how to build an animation right away.
* Gives users valuable hands-on experience under the expert guidance of 3D master Kelly Murdock.
* Includes a 16-page full-color insert explaining how to push the limits of max.
* Explores the major program changes that are expected with the next release of 3ds max.
* Provides tutorial files from the book, trial versions of related software, and exclusive plug-ins on the enclosed CD-ROM.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"This book is a valuable and insightful resource for beginning and advanced 3D artists alike looking to harness the most power from the vast capabilities of 3ds max 5."
-Phillip Miller, Vice President, Discreet Animation Products Group
* Build your first dynamic animation project today with unique Quick Start guide
* Master all the new features found in 3ds max 5 including Global Illumination, Radiosity, Character Posing, and Layers
* Create cutting-edge special effects for video, motion pictures, games, and television
If 3ds max 5 can do it, you can do it too . . .
Plunge into the world of professional animation with 3D expert Kelly Murdock, whose easy-to-follow tutorials and fluid explanations make this book a must-have for beginners and experienced users alike. He meets you wherever you are as a 3ds max user and elevates your skills to the next level. If you're a veteran, here is the indispensable road map to the complex variations of version 5. If you're meeting "Max" for the first time, the amazing Quick Start teaches you to build an eye-popping animation in your very first session!
Inside, you'll find complete coverage of 3ds max 5
* Add realistic lighting to your images with 3ds max 5's new Advanced Lighting features including Global Illumination, Radiosity, Photometric Lights, and Area Shadows
* Explore such new modeling features as Character Assemblies, improved bone tools, poseable skin, and a host of new poly object modeling additions such as extruding along a spline
* Increase scene details with materials and maps like the new Ink 'n' Paint material
* Automate the animation process with many improvements to the Track View, including Auto Tangents and Soft Selections
* Investigate new transform gizmos and other new version 5 interface elements
* 3ds max, Version 5 demo
* All tutorial sample files, models, and bitmaps
* Exclusive plug-ins from Furious Research, including Rainbow atmospheric effect, Sketch render effect, and many more
With a background in engineering and computer graphics, Kelly has been all over the 3D industry and still finds it fascinating. He's used high-level CAD workstations for product design and analysis, completed several large-scale visualization projects, created 3D models for feature films, worked as a freelance 3D artist, and even done some 3D programming. Kelly's been using 3D Studio since version 3 for DOS.
In his spare time, Kelly coaches Little League baseball, competes in sports, and is learning how to rock climb.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley & Sons, 2002. Taschenbuch. Book Condition: Neu. Gebraucht - Sehr gut has some shelf wear; CD-ROM still sealed; ungelesen, sehr guter Zustand; Rechnung mit MwSt.; unused/unread, very good condition; - 0 pp. Englisch. Bookseller Inventory # INF1000337881