This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This book presents JSP and EJB to the HTML-savvy Java programmer, with a caveat: any Java developer interested indeveloping multi-tiered distributed applications needs to know something about a range of J2EE APIs. That said,knowing JSP will allow a programmer to create dynamic web content (easier than with Java Servlets) and knowing EJBwill allow a programmer to encapsulate data as objects and create reusable code components. In short, knowing JSPand EJB will take a programmer a good majority of the way along the path of J2EE application development.
The first section discusses J2EE in more depth, with special emphasis on how and where JSP and EJB fit in. The second section covers JavaServer Pages including numerous JSP examples. The book provides the JSP's for the main application developed and dissected, a hotel booking application. The final part covers Enterprise JavaBeans. The bulkof this section is creating and analyzing EJBs to work with the JSPs developed earlier in the book. By the end of the book, the hotel booking application is complete.
This Unlimited Edition stays up to date long after other publications. A companion Web site includes all the code and examples from the book, and is updated to include new chapters, programs, and other related material.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
EJB(TM) & JSP(TM) Java(TM) On The Edge Unlimited Edition(TM) Continuous Content Your Guide to Cutting-Edge J2EE Programming Techniques Enterprise Java Beans and JavaServer Pages deliver the tools you need to develop state-of-the-art multi-tier applications for the Internet or an intranet. But how do you create robust components for these two APIs - and get them to work together with each other and the rest of the containers in Java 2 Enterprise Edition? This unique guide delivers the answers. With lucid explanations and lots of sample code illustrating the development of a hotel reservation system, Lou Marco shows you step by step how to harness the power of JSP and EJB - and create cutting-edge J2EE applications. Make JSP, EJB, and J2EE Work Together
* Get the lowdown on J2EE N-tier application development
* Work with JSP objects, standard actions, and Web sessions
* Use JavaBeans or JSP tags to access a database with JDBC
* Understand how JSP works with Java servlets
* Take control of JSP errors, exceptions, and debugging
* Master EJB basics, from classes to session and entity Beans
* Harness EJB tools to secure your application
* Manage transactions using EJB with JDBC, JTS, and JTA
* Build Bean- or container-managed persistence in EJB components
* Learn the ins and outs of JSP and EJB as you create a fully functional hotel reservation system
* Register at www.unlimited-edition.com
* Download updated chapters, articles, and more
* Access a searchable e-version of the book
* See the last page of the book for details
Lou Marco is a consultant, writer, and the owner of Lou Marco and Associates, a firm that designs Web sites and writes custom software. An IT professional with more than two decades of experience, he contributes frequently to Enterprise Systems Journal and is the author of ISPF/REXX Development for Experienced Programmers.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Condition: New. pp. 408. Seller Inventory # 7573058
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Paperback. Condition: New. Unlimited Edition. Seller Inventory # DADAX0764548026
Book Description Wiley, 2001. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0764548026