This book delivers comprehensive coverage of exam objectives, presented according to Oracle's certification guide. Because Oracle's exam scoring provides section scores according to exact objectives, this organization of the book allows you to refocus. Each exam objective is covered in a chapter complete with self-assessment opportunities. Four appendices include a listing and description of Oracle's initialization parameters and other elements to be tested on the exam. These appendices provide information useful post-exam in real-work implementation of Oracle Systems.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"Damir Bersinic delivers a clearly written, comprehensive guide -- with hundreds of targeted exam-prep questions that is sure to help Oracle professionals prepare for and pass the second Oracle certification exam." --Harry Liebschutz, Senior Oracle Consultant, HDL Consulting, Inc., and author of The Oracle Cookbook
* Master the material for the Oracle8i DBA Exam 1Z0-023
* Test your knowledge with assessment questions, scenarios, and lab exercises
* Practice on state-of-the-art test-preparation software
The only guide you need for Oracle8i DBA Architecture and Administration exam success...
You're holding in your hands the most comprehensive and effective guide available for the second exam on the Oracle8i DBA track. An outstanding team of Oracle professionals and trainers delivers crystal-clear explanations of every topic covered, highlighting exam-critical concepts and offering hands-on tips that can help you in your real-world DBA career. Throughout, they provide pre-test, exam-style assessment questions, scenario problems, and lab exercises -- everything you need to master the material and pass the exam.
Inside, get complete coverage of Architecture and Administration exam objectives
* Get a handle on Oracle8i architecture and server basics
* Create Oracle databases, data dictionary views, and standard packages
* Manage Oracle Instances, tablespaces, and datafiles
* Maintain the control file and redo log files
* Delve into storage structure and relationships
* Take control of rollback segments, tables, and indexes
* Get the scoop on maintaining data integrity
* Discover how to load and reorganize data
* Master Oracle security, from password and resources to users, privileges, and roles
* Find out how to make the most of Natural Language Support
Test-Prep Tools on CD-ROM
* Hungry Minds test engine powered by top-rated Boson Software
* A searchable e-version of the book
* Trial versions of the Introduction to Oracle8i Architecture and Administration and WebDBA
Damir Bersinic, MCDBA Oracle DBA, Oracle Trainer, MCSE+I, MCT, has worked with Oracle databases since 1989 and has taught Oracle Official Curriculum courses for the last four years. He is the founder and president of Bradley Systems, Inc., a firm specializing in database, Internet, and system integration consulting and training.
Todd Ross is a Senior Oracle and UNIX instructor, as well as the Corporate Oracle Stream Leader, for TMI-Learnix Ltd.
Yury Sabinin is an Oracle Certified Professional (DBA) who is currently a full-time trainer with TMI-Learnix Ltd., and a consultant.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description John Wiley & Sons. Book Condition: New. pp. 1167. Bookseller Inventory # 7571328