"Phil Stanhope delivers what I consider to be a recipe-based approach to building tools and applications for the Groove decentralized communications platform.
Phil isn't just a short-order cook; he's a master chef."
-Jack Ozzie, Vice President of Development, Platform and Development Services, Groove Networks, Inc.
Building Tools and Peer-to-Peer Solutions with the Groove(r) Platform
Take Groove(r) to the Next Level
* Understand Groove basics - the transceiver, contacts, messaging, chatting, spaces, and accounts
* Create, test, and refine custom HTML viewer tools to integrate existing Web content into Groove
* Streamline development by extracting template code from existing tools
* Create your own custom Groove layout
* Integrate contact management with invitation files and online detection tools
* Enhance a customer-service Web site by adding a Groove collaboration space with seeded customer data and tools
* Understand the basics of next-generation edge-based CRM applications by synchronizing center-based enterprise data with custom edge-based tools
* Import and export Groove-specific XML as well as third-party XML data from corporate databases and Web-enabled CRM and ERP systems
* Exploit Groove's communications, security, and transport services to build asynchronous, guaranteed-delivery message and data-synchronization solutions
* Sample Groove tools
* Complete source code and examples from the book
* Groove Preview Edition and Groove Development Kit
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Phil Stanhope has two decades of experience in business software development, solutions, and outsourcing. Currently the CEO of Componentry Solutions, a ?rm developing next-generation CRM and ERP software, he has also worked at Perot Systems, Gold Hill Computers, and Palladian Software. From 1989 to 1996, he was at Lotus Development Corporation, where, as founder and chief architect of Lotus's Next Generation Products Group, he got to know Groove Networks founder (and Lotus Notes creator) Ray Ozzie.Review:
“...represents good value for those who wish to advance their Groove...” (Computer Bulletin, May 2003)
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Wiley, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX076454893X