This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Personal Finance For Dummies, by financial counselor and consumer advocate Eric Tyson, is your guide to money management success! This solid reference cuts through the jargon and provides you with sound advice, expert tips, and recommendations for how to quickly get your financial picture in order.
* Inside you'll discover how to:
* Assess your current financial situation
* Get out of debt - and stay out!
* Decrease your spending and create a budget you can live with
* Pinpoint your investment priorities
* Plan ahead for your retirement and slash your taxes
* Understand stocks, real estate, and other wealth-building investments
* Make wise financial decisions when faced with major life changes - like downsizing or retirement
* Improve your insurance coverage and reduce its cost
* Determine whether you need to hire financial help and how to find it
* Use your computer to manage your finances
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Eric Tyson is a syndicated personal financial writer, lecturer, and counselor. He is dedicated to teaching people to manage their personal finances better. Eric is a former management consultant to Fortune 500 financial service firms. Over the past two decades, he has successfully invested in securities as well as in real estate and has started and managed several businesses. He holds a bachelor's degree in economics at Yale and an M.B.A. at the Stanford Graduate School of Business.
An accomplished freelance personal finance writer, Eric is the author of five other national best-sellers in the ...For Dummies series: Home Buying (co-author), Personal Finance, Investing, Mutual Funds, and Taxes (co-author). His work has been featured and praised in hundreds of national and local publications, including Newsweek, Kiplinger's, The Wall Street Journal, Money, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, and on NBC's Today Show, PBS's Nightly Business Report, CNN, The Oprah Winfrey Show, ABC, CNBC, Bloomberg Business Radio, CBS National Radio, and National Public Radio.
Eric has counseled thousands of clients on a variety of personal finance, investment, real estate, and mortgage quandaries and questions. In addition to maintaining a financial counseling practice, he is a popular speaker on important personal finance topics.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description For Dummies, 1998. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M076455123X