This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A guide to diagnosing, fixing and understanding the personal computer. It contains information on all models from the Pentium Pro to an old 286 machine, covering how to make upgrade and repair decisions about memory, sound cards, data protection and peripherals. There are drawings and photographs of the inside of a computer, and the lay-flat binding means that the reference will stay open whilst the reader carries out repairs.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Do you have the urge to take the casing off your Windows-based PC and tinker around, but you're a little intimidated? If so, get this book first. The text is clear and well-indexed, and this book will give you the information, and then, confidence, that you need. (It would also be a great book for anyone who wants to help recycle old computers for schools or non-profits). Two Torx blades up!From the Back Cover:
* Replace, repair, and upgrade memory, drives, and much more
* Troubleshoot using flowcharts and step-by-step instructions
* Fix the latest Pentium 4 and AMD Athlon machines - or your old 486
Do It Yourself!
Why rush to the repair shop or hire expensive consultants to install a next-generation video card, troubleshoot a CD-RW drive, or deal with a Windows XP meltdown? With a good set of screwdrivers, an antistatic strap, and Fix Your Own PC, you'll be ready to tackle any job-big or small. Packed with detailed charts and photos, this indispensable guide will help you keep your PC up and running and up to date.
Covers everything in and around your personal computer, including:
* Processors: Pentium IV and AMD Athlon XP, plus their ancestors
* Memory: SIMMS, DIMMs, SDRAM, and more
* Connections: Universal Serial Bus and Firewire, among others
* Drives: Hard, floppy, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, DVD, Zip, Jaz, tape
* Multimedia: From sound cards to 3D video adapter cards
* Peripherals: Flat-screen monitors, cable modems, and much more
* New! Networks: NICs, hubs, switches, routers, and wireless networking devices
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Mis Pr, 1998. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0764575066
Book Description Mis Pr, 1998. Paperback. Condition: New. 5th. Seller Inventory # DADAX0764575066
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # STRM-0764575066