This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This casebook provides rich context for the study of rules regulating police activity, because it presents not only the most important case law, but also relevant legislative, historical, empirical, and comparative materials. After a chapter describing general perspectives on police investigation, it features chapters on searches and seizures, interrogation, identification procedures, undercover practices, and remedies for rule violations. The unique aspects of the book include:
· Excerpts describing the history of the police and sociological materials regarding police demographics, attitudes, training, and practices;
· Materials designed to familiarize students with alternative methods of regulating the police, including state law, departmental regulations, and international treaties;
· Materials on colonial and early eighteenth century approaches to police regulation that may be relevant to constitutional interpretation;
· Empirical information about societal expectations of privacy, the effect of Miranda warnings, the accuracy of identification procedures, and the efficacy of undercover work, the exclusionary rule, and damages actions, among other topics;
· Descriptions of the theory and practice of police regulation in other countries, including not only those following the English tradition, but Germany, France, Denmark, India, and Japan;
· Over 100 problems that promote lawyering skills;
· A negotiation exercise and motions, transcripts, and other documents from an actual case that raise Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendment issues; and
· Notes on a wide range of emerging issues, including data mining, national security surveillance, and problem-solving policing.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description LexisNexis, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB076985964X
Book Description LexisNexis. Hardcover. Condition: New. 076985964X Brand New! Usually ships within one business day! This item is: Criminal Procedure: Regulation of Police Investigation: Legal, Historical, Empirical and Comparative Materials, Slobogin; 5th ed., 2013; hardcover; ISBN: 9780769859644. For fastest delivery, choose Expedited Shipping. We represent the Internet's largest independent legal bookstore!. Seller Inventory # 94111
Book Description LexisNexis, 2012. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M076985964X
Book Description LexisNexis, 2012. Hardcover. Condition: New. Fifth. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Seller Inventory # 076985964Xn