This new third edition provides the reader with a greater understanding of the purpose of animal systems and their functions, resulting in a valuable introductory text for pre-veterinary or veterinary tech students, and for students in animal science-related curricula.
Anatomical structure-both gross and microscopic-is also explored to help the reader build the basic foundation needed for future study and clinical practice.
Features and highlights include:
* New introductory chapter on Basics of Structure and Function, with explanations of anatomical terms and orientation.
* Logical organization of content according to body systems, with coverage of eight traditional domestic species: horse, dog, cat, cow, sheep, goat, pig and chicken.
* Greater coverage of avian-specific physiology to reflect the role of poultry in agriculture and growing public interest in birds as pets.
* Expanded range of anatomy-oriented illustrations to convey key concepts effectively-a real benefit for beginning students.
* Study aids and self-evaluation sections to help readers prepare for course work and exams.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
William O. Reece, DVM, PhD, is Professor Emeritus at Iowa State University's Department of Biomedical Sciences.Review:
"The fourth edition of Functional Anatomy and Physiology of Domestic Animals is a marked improvement over previous editions.... the illustrations are wonderful... [and] allow readers to visualize the structure in a cohesive manner.... well written and inclusive of all relevant material for a basic anatomy course." - Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association, September 2009
"This is a serious book for the veterinary student, a reference for the veterinarian or technician, and a good book to have in your library." - Veterinary Information Network
“The fourth edition of Functional Anatomy and Physiology of Domestic Animals provides a thorough overview of the structure and function of animal body systems.” - Veterinary Forum, May 2009
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description LWW. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0781743338 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0338423
Book Description LWW, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110781743338
Book Description LWW, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Brand New!. Bookseller Inventory # VIB0781743338
Book Description Book Condition: New. New. Bookseller Inventory # S-0781743338
Book Description LWW, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0781743338
Book Description Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Third. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0781743338