Handbook of Local Anesthesia
An invaluable text and a one-of-a-kind "how-to" DVD. This unique text and DVD package brings the latest advances in the science, technology, and techniques of local anesthesia to life like nothing you've ever seen before!
- Handbook of Local Anesthesia, 5th Edition gives you:
- Comprehensive information on the pros and cons of articaine, the highly debated local anesthetic recently approved by the FDA, that has gained widespread use in the United States.
- Discussions on the latest armamentaria that reflect the newest drugs and devices - including safety syringes and computer-controlled local anesthetic delivery systems.
- Updated step-by-step instructions for the various techniques of administering intraoral anesthesia - extensively illustrated in full color.
- The 2003 CDC Hand Hygiene Guidelines.
- Handy boxes and tables that compare new and standing techniques, drugs, and dosages.
- Dosage charts, injection techniques, information on duration of action, and contraindications for local anesthetics.
- A new chapter on Legal Considerations that examines possible complications related to anesthetic administration and discusses the standard of care with regard to appropriate prevention and treatment.
- Malamed's Local Anesthesia Administration DVD gives you:
- Unique "how-to" coverage of core local anesthesia topics: local anesthetic agents, anesthetic injection techniques, potential complications, and risk management.
- Demonstrations of every possible kind of injection encountered in the clinical setting - a "first" in the field!
- High quality video clips and animations so you can see exactly how to administer each anesthetic agent.
- Organization that follows the 5th edition of Handbook of Local Anesthesia - so you can read about key concepts in the book and then watch concepts come to life on screen for a deeper understanding.
- Personal commentary from Dr. Stanley Malamed throughout - with tips and secrets gained through years of clinical experience and painstaking research into the contemporary practice of dental anesthesia.
- The opportunity to earn 4 hours of ADA- and AGD-certified CDE.
- Malamed's Local Anesthesia Administration DVD lets you see how to perform all these injections!
- Posterior superior alveolar (PSA) nerve block
- Middle superior alveolar (MSA) nerve block
- Anterior superior alveolar (ASA) nerve block
- Greater palatine nerve block
- Nasopalatine nerve block
- Palatal infiltration
- Anterior middle superior alveolar (AMSA) nerve block
- Palatal approach-anterior superior alveolar (P-ASA) injection
- Maxillary nerve block
- Inferior alveolar nerve block
- Buccal nerve block
- Mandibular nerve block (Gow-Gates)
- Vazirani-Akinosi closed-mouth mandibular nerve block
- Mental nerve block
- Incisive nerve block
- Periodontal ligament injection
- Intraseptal injection
- Intraosseus injection
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
About the Author
Stanley F. Malamed, DDS, Professor and Chair, Section of Anesthesia and Medicine, University of Southern California School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.