This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The timeless, lovely and heartbreaking vocal artistry of Cabaret Legend Mabel Mercer is on full display in this live concert DVD, Mabel Mercer: A Singer's Singer, which documents the Cabaret icon's last recorded performance. Her unique interpretations gave new meaning and dimension to some of the greatest songs ever written and inspired Frank Sinatra to say "Mabel Mercer taught me everything I know." Live from Cleo's in NYC, accompanied by Pianist Jimmy Lyons this special film brings Mabel Mercer live to your living room... No Cover, No Minimum, just the distinct voice of the woman the New York Times called "the grande dame of popular song."
By the 1930's, Mercer had become the toast of Paris, where she introduced her inimitable style of Cabaret singing to steadfast admirers such as Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Cole Porter, Billy Holiday, Nat King Cole, and the Prince of Wales. The outbreak of WWII brought her to New York, where she performed her unique renditions of the American Songbook and held exclusive engagements at the most famous clubs of the time, Le Ruban Bleu, Tony's, & the Byline Room, amongst others. Then it was on to concert triumphs and record-breaking appearances across America and at New York's Cafe Carlyle and St. Regis Hotels. This special DVD showcases the magnificent talents of the songstress, whose Song Stylings have become the inspiration for countless singers, live in your living room.
1. That's For Me written by Rodgers and Hammerstein
2. Blame It On My Youth written by Edward Heyman and Oscar Levant
3. My Lover is a Wanderer
4. Get Well Soon
5. If Love Were All written by Noel Coward
6. Wait Till Your Sixty-Five written by Alan Jay Lerner and Burton Lane
7. Clouds (Both Sides Now) written by Joni Mitchell
8. Experiment written by Cole Porter
9. Being Green written by Joe Raposo
10. More I Can Not Wish You written by Frank Loesser
11. Isn't He Adorable written by Cy Coleman and Joseph McCarthy
12. The Times Of Your Life written by Roger Nichols and Bill Lane
13. Some Fine Day written by Cy Walter
14. It Amazes Me written by Cy Coleman and Carolyn Leigh
15. Remind Me written by Dorothy Fields and Jerome Kern
16. It's All Right With Me written by Cole Porter
DVD BONUS FEATURES:
Mabel Mercer Biography
Five Bonus Performances
Trivia & Fun Facts Subtitles
Digital Dolby Stereo Audio
Digitally Mastered Audio & Video
Instant Access to Songs
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
It's doubtful that her interpretive skills were ever more potent... Her gift for finding the absolute emotional center of a lyric is evident with every number... five songs into her set I was mesmerized. I've never listened to a singer with a better interpretive gift or a better knack for phrasing. This video is a very pleasurable viewing experience and I prescribe it as an ideal antidote to a stressful day. --Spectator Magazine
Perhaps the greatest cabaret singer of all time. --King Features Syndicate
Mabel Mercer taught me everything I know --Frank Sinatra
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want