The information nurses need...when, where, and how they need it!
Today’s most comprehensive nursing drug guide...emphasizes safety 1st!
Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, Twelfth Edition in card deck form offers portable, on-the-go access to the accurate drug information your students need to put safety 1st.
- Presents up-to-date information on approximately 400 generic drugs and 40 group monographs that reflect recent FDA changes and pharmacogenomic content, where appropriate.
- Provides a color-coded index that lists generic and trade names, drug classifications, and combination drugs.
- Features 42 drug classifications on yellow cards directly following index.
- Identifies high alert medications and therapeutic effects.
- Houses up to 30 cards in a portable, plastic carrying pouch.
- Updates the nursing diagnoses.
- Includes the full CD-ROM Resource Kit from Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses, Twelfth Edition, plus all of the FREE student and instructor resources available on DavisPlus, upon adoption.
Safety 1st with Unique clinical and learing tools!
- Resource Kit CD-ROM (Mac & PC Compatible)
This is not your ordinary drug guide CD-ROM! Completely revised and updated, Davis’s Drug Guide, Twelfth Edition CD-ROM is a complete Resource Kit with tools students and clinicians need to administer medications safety and competently.
- UPDATED & UNIQUE! Preventing Medication Errors Tutorial provides...
- a medication safety review
- a self test with “real-life” scenarios
- physician orders
- rationales for correct and incorrect answers
- UPDATED & UNIQUE! Psychotropic Drugs Tutorial depicts the safe administration of psychotropic medication and includes monograph content for select psychotropic drugs and a multiple-choice self-test.
- UPDATED! Wound Care Tutorial provides a photographic overview of the different types of wounds and wound care products as well as a self-test, with answers and rationales.
- UPDATED! FREE, mobile download of 100 complete drug monographs.
- NEW! Free, 1-year subscription to Drug Guide Online (DrugGuide.com) featuring over 1,500 complete drug monographs, the latest FDA approvals, and much more.
- UPDATED! Interactive Case Studies offer brief “real-life” scenarios followed by a series of questions. Results can be printed or e-mailed.
- UPDATED! Drug Search Program offers easy access to nearly 700 drug monographs with audio pronunciations. (Copy, paste, and print each one.)
- NEW! Calculator for Body Mass Index (BMI) as well as calculators for metric conversions, IV drip rates, dosage/kg calculations, and Fahrenheit/Celsius.
- NEW! Audio Library for nearly 1,000 drug names from the Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses database.
- Wound Care Clinical Sheet, pocket sized and printable, offers a quick review of pressure ulcer prevention strategies...
- wound assessment
- pressure ulcer stages and treatment
- wound care products
- Online at DavisPlus (No fee. No password. No registration.)
A wealth of interactive activities, tools, and resources provide even more ways to ensure safety 1st.
- NEW! Interactive Flash cards present the generic name of a drug on one side, and the brand name(s) and therapeutic classification on the other.
- NEW! Audio podcasts feature information on how to use Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses · evidence-based practice and pharmacotherapeutics · NEW! pharmacogenomics · medication errors · special dosing considerations · and educating patients.
- Animations demonstrate the administration and absorption of oral drugs and schematic brain illustrations depict the impact of certain DSM disorders and the effect of psychotropic medications on patients.
- Video Clips illustrate the safe administration of medications.
- Interactive Case Studies develop critical thinking skills through brief “real-life” scenarios followed by a series of questions with answers and rationales.
- Select Tutorials from the Resource Kit CD-ROM provide an evidence-based overview of safe and effective medication administration. (A multiple-choice self-test for each topic helps students assess their mastery.)
- And more!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.