This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This unique and supremely readable textbook recounts the thought of nine influential twentieth-century theologians in the light of biblical narrative to better understand the Christian life. By drawing upon the achievement of major thinkers--Rosemary Ruether, Gustavo Gutierrez, Reinhold Niebuhr, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Karl Rahner, Jürgen Moltmann, Hans Küng, Yves Congar, and Wolfhart Pannenberg--and rooting it within the rich fabric of its biblical context--Creation, Exodus, Conquest, Exile, the Incarnation, the Crucifixion, the Resurrection, Pentecost and the End of Time--The Tapestry of Christian Theology traverses a landscape both historical and spiritual, one that traces and encourages a new understanding of both perspectives, and illumines a greater insight into our own lives.
· A rigorous and wide ranging textbook for college theology courses, also suitable for the general reader, that includes:
· the feminist theology of Rosemary Radford Ruether.
· the liberation theology of Fr. Gustavo Gutierrez.
· the social theology of Reinhold Niebuhr and Dietrich Bonhoeffer.
· the christology of Karl Rahner, Jürgen Moltmann, and Hans Küng.
· Yves Congar's watershed work on the role of the church that impacted upon the deliberations at the Second Vatican Council.
· Wolfhart Pannenberg's eschatology.
· Features discussion questions and annotated bibliography.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Gregory C. Higgins, who has an M.A. from Yale Divinity School, is on the faculties of Georgian Court College and Christian Brothers Academy in NJ. His previous Paulist Press titles include Twelve Theological Dilemmas and Where Do You Stand?
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Paulist Press, 2003. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # SONG0809141205
Book Description Paulist Pr, 2003. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110809141205
Book Description Paulist Pr, 2003. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0809141205