This bestselling book has firmly established itself as the most accessible guide to archaeology available. It features:
* an explanation to the discovery and excavation of sites
* a helpful outline of the major dating methods
* clear explanations of scientific techniques
* new theories and current controversies
* explanatory diagrams and photos
* guidance on further reading and up-to-date bibliography.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Kevin Greene lectures in the Department of Archaeology at the University of Newcastle upon Tyne. His book has been inspired by teaching experience in further, higher and adult education.Review:
'Kevin Greene has succeeded admirably in his task of providing an introduction to archaeology for undergraduates, adult students and the general reader, with his clear exposition and skillful use of illustrations.' - Council for British Archaeology Newsletter
'A splendid book and a worthy introduction to the subject.' - Times Educational Supplement
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description University of Pennsylvania Pre, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110812218280
Book Description University of Pennsylvania Press. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0812218280 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1332147