"Each edition includes: "
- Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
- Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
- Scene-by-scene plot summaries
- A key to famous lines and phrases
- An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
- An essay by an outstanding scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
- Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
"Essay by" Michael Neill
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs. For more information, visit www.folger.edu.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
William Shakespeare (26 April 1564 – 23 April 1616) was an English poet, playwright, and actor, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist. He is often called England's national poet, and the "Bard of Avon". His extant works, including collaborations, consist of approximately 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems, and a few other verses, some of uncertain authorship. His plays have been translated into every major living language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Perfection Learning, 2003. Library Binding. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110812415795
Book Description Perfection Learning, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0812415795
Book Description Perfection Learning, 2003. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0812415795
Book Description Perfection Learning. LIBRARY BINDING. Book Condition: New. 0812415795 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0402768