This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A 2006 study by IOMA found that companies with effective talent management practices retain employees for longer time periods and outperform industry averages by 22 percent. But most HR departments are still using the same old cookie-cutter approach to finding new hires. This book offers a revolutionary new approach to attracting and hanging onto the best and brightest talent, providing real-world strategies for: · identifying and evaluating prospective employees · deciding who will develop and progress into the management ranks · fitting the person’s skills to the job · developing a strategy to groom one’s staff and keep them happy · and finding ways to reward them properly and keep them engaged The book explores the latest thinking in employee relations, compensation and benefits, training, on-boarding, and development practices. This is a unique, powerful book no one concerned with finding and retaining the best people should be without.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Nothing—not your product design, your marketing campaign, your technological innovations—is as important to your organization’s success as your ability to hire and retain the best people. It’s a widely accepted but neglected fact. In reality, hiring scenarios usually involve harried managers scrambling to fill suddenly vacated positions, with no planning and no strategy, with little more than gut instincts to guide them.Where is HR in this process? Very often stuck in a box, relegated to the sidelines. But HR can be a crucial ally in finding and keeping stellar employees—not just another layer of bureaucracy to wade through. The Trouble with HR helps human resources professionals become that ally.
This book offers step-by-step instructions for putting the right people in the right jobs in any organization, whether you’re a Fortune 500 company, a small startup, a nonprofit, or a government entity. Packed with real-life examples from companies such as Yahoo!, Facebook, and Southwest Airlines, as well as interviews with well-known HR professionals and the latest and best practices in the field, this indispensable resource gives you a winning edge in the recruiting wars, even in the most competitive industries. You’ll learn how to:
· Turn your talent scout into a top-level executive, and put into action a five-step talent acquisition strategy that works
· Create an environment where people really want to stay by paying them fairly, treating them well, training them thoroughly, and getting them to fall in love with your company
· Use a 360-degree approach to write detailed job descriptions that will keep the hiring process moving in the right direction
· Make hiring decisions based on objective criteria, and avoid the costly mistake of relying on subjective feelings that someone is right for the job
· Select potential leaders from inside the organization and implement a leadership development plan for grooming them
· Beef up your department’s knowledge base with information such as retention statistics, employment trends, and how to locate talent pools
· Transform HR from a sideline activity into a true leadership position that works with the business managers and executives on people issues—the lifeblood of organizations and the undisputed area of expertise for knowledgeable, dynamic HR departments
Johnny C. Taylor Jr. was chairman of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), is a keynote speaker on HR issues, and serves as CEO of Rushmore Drive, a new IAC/InterActive Corp Internet business. He has held senior legal and HR executive roles with many companies, including Blockbuster, Paramount Pictures, and Alamo Rent-A-Car. He lives in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Gary M. Stern co-authored Minority Rules: Turn Your Ethnicity into a Competitive Edge and has written for Investor’s Business Daily and The Wall Street Journal. He lives in New York City.From the Back Cover:
Why is HR so underused when it comes to hiring and retaining employees? The trouble with HR, according to this insightful book, is that CEOs and managers often view their HR departments as impediments to getting results. They fail to understand how HR can radically improve the bottom line by using best practices for hiring and retaining top talent.
The Trouble with HR supplies the knowledge and strategies to change that attitude.
Filled with insider tips from an experienced HR professional and many real-life examples, the book explains how to develop a strategically focused, long-term approach to hiring and retention that includes:
· Establishing a consistent talent acquisition process that reflects your organization’s identity
· Interviewing based on a detailed job description
· Fitting the job with the candidate
· Rewarding people both financially and via recognition
· Making employees feel respected and valued
· Developing your best employees to become the organization’s future leaders
Sadly, too many managers and executives rely on quick interviews and their gut instincts to quickly fill positions—or hire good people and then completely ignore them. The results are many disastrous choices and a steady exodus of disenchanted employees. Tailored to HR professionals, business executives, managers, and entrepreneurs, The Trouble with HR supplies powerful, proven strategies for getting the best people on board—and keeping them there.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description AMACOM 2009-08-03, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. 0814413447. Seller Inventory # Z0814413447ZN
Book Description Hardcover. Condition: New. Brand new, may have publishers remainder mark. Seller Inventory # 34FG3G000Y0R_ns
Book Description Condition: Brand New. Brand New Original US Edition, Perfect Condition. Printed in English. Excellent Quality, Service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!. Seller Inventory # AIND-123141
Book Description Condition: New. New. US edition. Perfect condition. Customer satisfaction our priority. Seller Inventory # ABE-FEB-62611
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New. US edition. Customer Satisfaction guaranteed!!. Seller Inventory # SHUB62611
Book Description Condition: New. Brand New Original US Edition.We Ship to PO BOX Address also. EXPEDITED shipping option also available for faster delivery.This item may ship fro the US or other locations in India depending on your location and availability. Seller Inventory # AUSBNEW-123141
Book Description Condition: Brand New. New, US edition. Excellent Customer Service. Seller Inventory # ABEUSA-62611
Book Description Amacom. Condition: New. New, Fast Delivery , 100 % money back if any problem with product and services. Seller Inventory # UUU2198
Book Description AMACOM, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. 1. Seller Inventory # DADAX0814413447
Book Description AMACOM, 2009. Hardcover. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110814413447