This book presents applicable knowledge of technology, equipment and applications, and the core economic issues of micromanufacturing for anyone with a basic understanding of manufacturing, material, or product engineering.
It explains micro-engineering issues (design, systems, materials, market and industrial development), technologies, facilities, organization, competitiveness, and innovation with an analysis of future potential.
The machining, forming, and joining of miniature / micro-products are all covered in depth, covering: grinding/milling, laser applications, and photo chemical etching; embossing (hot & UV), injection molding and forming (bulk, sheet, hydro, laser); mechanical assembly, laser joining, soldering, and packaging.
· Presents case studies, material and design considerations, working principles, process configurations, and information on tools, equipment, parameters and control
· Explains the many facets of recently emerging additive / hybrid technologies and systems, incl: photo-electric-forming, liga, surface treatment, and thin film fabrication
· Outlines system engineering issues pertaining to handling, metrology, testing, integration & software
· Explains widely used micro parts in bio / medical industry, information technology and automotive engineering.
· Covers technologies in high demand, such as: micro-mechanical-cutting, lasermachining, micro-forming, micro-EDM, micro-joining, photo-chemical-etching, photo-electro-forming, and micro-packaging
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description William Andrew, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0815515456
Book Description William Andrew, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110815515456
Book Description William Andrew, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. 1. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0815515456
Book Description William Andrew Pub, 2010. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. 1st edition. 414 pages. 10.00x7.00x1.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # zk0815515456