Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women worldwide; approximately 10% of women are confronted with breast cancer in their lives. Breast cancer can be most efficiently treated if detected at an early stage. This book focuses primarily on the application of computer vision for early lesion identification in mammograms and breast-imaging volumes through computer-aided diagnostics (CAD). Color illustrations are included in the text, and an accompanying CD-ROM contains other full-color images.
The book is divided into four parts. In Part I, the anatomic, histopathologic, and mammographic views of the breast are examined, and the physics for different breast-imaging modalities are presented. Part II presents techniques for lesion and mass detection, and computer-aided diagnosis. Part III discusses the applications of different computer-vision fields in breast-image registration, and performance evaluation for breast CAD techniques is discussed in Part IV.
- The Subgross Morphology of Normal and Pathologically Altered Breast Tissue
- Fundamentals of Achieving Functional and Anatomical Imaging with Breast MRI: Physical and Clinical Concepts
- An Indexed Atlas of Digital Mammograms for Computer-Aided Diagnosis of Breast Cancer
- Genetic Algorithms in CAD Mammography
- Mammographic Mass Detection by Robust Learning Algorithms
- Analysis of Bilateral Asymmetry in Mammograms via Directional Filtering with Gabor Wavelets
- Support Vector Machines in CAD Mammography
- A Weighted Gaussian Mixture Model with Markov Random Fields and Adaptive Expert Combination Strategy for Segmenting Masses in Mammograms
- Detection of Microcalcifications in Mammograms
- Using Computational Intelligence for Computer-Aided Diagnosis of Screen Film Mammograms
- New Approach for Breast Skin-Line Estimation in Mammograms
- Computerized Mass Detection for Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
- Breast Imaging Registration: A Review
- A Mammographic Registration Framework Based on Anatomical Linear Structures
- AMDI - Indexed Atlas of Digital Mammograms that Integrates Case Studies, E-Learning, and Research Systems via the Web
- Detection, Characterization, and Visualization of Breast Cancer Using 3D Ultrasound Images
- Computer-Aided Diagnosis for 2D/3D Breast Ultrasound
- Automatic Pectoral Muscle Segmentation on Mediolateral Oblique View Mammograms
- Performance Evaluation of CADe Algorithms in Mammography
- A Simple Method for Automatically Locating the Nipple on Mammograms
- Algorithms for Sementing Small Low-Contrast Objects in Images
- Computer-Aided Diagnosis of Breast Cancer on MR Imaging
- Review on Real-Time Magnetic Resonance Gad-Enhanced Breast Lesion Characterization
- Breast MRI Computer-Aided Diagnosis Systems
- Automatic Assessment of Mammogram Adequacy and Quality
- Probability Modeling of CAD Systems for Mammography
- Computer-Aided Diagnosis in Breast Imaging: Where Do We Go after Detection?
- The Current Status and Likely Future of Breast Imaging CAD
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description SPIE Publications, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. illustrated edition. Bookseller Inventory # DADAX0819460818
Book Description Society for Optical & Quantum, 2006. Hardcover. Book Condition: Brand New. hardback/cd edition. 972 pages. 10.00x7.00x3.00 inches. In Stock. Bookseller Inventory # 0819460818