This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
What is development? And what does it take to make development sustainable? How can we measure and compare levels of development for different countries? The author of 'Beyond Economic Growth' challenges readers to find their own answers to these complex questions by analyzing and synthesizing information on a range of critical and interrelated development issues: population growth, economic growth, equity, poverty, hunger, education, health, industrialization, privatization, trade, foreign investment, international aid, climate change, the Millennium Development Goals, and more.
- Why is world population growing faster than ever before?
- Will poor country economies catch up with the rich?
- Can poor countries break the vicious circle of poverty and hunger?
- How does a country?s economic position affect its education needs?
- How are health risks changing in different parts of the world?
- Will the North-South cooperation help prevent global climate change?
- How does government corruption influence national development?
The book, which draws on recent World Bank data, is written for young people, teachers, students, and others interested in learning more about global development.
This completely revised and expanded second edition of 'Beyond Economic Growth' includes new sections on:
- global hunger
- international migration,
- government corruption, and
- the Millennium Development Goals.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Condition: New. New. Seller Inventory # S-0821359339
Book Description World Bank, 2004. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0821359339
Book Description World Bank, 2004. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110821359339