This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
A thorough yet concise reference guide to the major issues, sources, and critiques of the openness of God theory (neotheism).
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Aiming to be thorough yet concise, Charts on Open Theism and Orthodoxy provides a handy reference guide to the major issues and sources in the debate over Open Theism. Dr. House has selected significant quotes from major sources or authors and arranged them by categories and topics in an easy-to-follow, parallel-column format. Bibliographic references for all citations are also included. Readers can quickly summarize the major points of comparison and contrast between historical Orthodoxy and Open Theism.
· Terms and Definitions: the views of Orthodoxy and Open Theism on attributes of God are compared and contrasted
· Hermeneutics–Theological Language: explores concepts, predication, and anthropomorphic language as used in Orthodoxy and Open Theism
· The Doctrine of Scripture in Openness Theology: the question “Does God err?” is explored along with the question of predictive prophecy and inspiration
· Historical Understanding of Ultimate Reality—God: Compares and contrasts the views of Greek Philosophers, Church Fathers, Medieval Theologians, and Reformation/Post-Reformation leaders with Open Theism
· Historical Views on the Attributes of God: compares and contrasts the views of the Church Fathers, Medieval Theologians, and Reformation/Post-Reformation Theologians with Open Theism
· Open Theism Compared with Other Systems: compares various systematic approaches to theology with Open Theism
H. Wayne House (Th.D., Concordia Seminary, St. Louis; J.D., Regent University School of Law) is Distinguished Professor of Biblical Studies and Apologetics at Faith Seminary in Tacoma, Washington.
Max Herrera (M.A.A., Southern Evangelical Seminary) is doing doctoral work at Marquette University in Milwaukee, WisconsinAbout the Author:
H. Wayne House (ThD, Concordia Seminary, St. Louis; JD, Regent University School of Law) is Distinguished Research Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies at Faith Seminary in Tacoma, Washington, and Professor of Law, Trinity Law School in Santa Ana, California. Dr. House serves on the board of the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. He is author or editor of more than seventy journal and magazine publications, and a contributor to several books, dictionaries, and encyclopedias. He is also the author of more than twenty books, including The Christian and American Law and Israel: The Land and the People. He has been married to Leta Frances McConnell for forty years, has two grown children, and five grandchildren. He enjoys playing with his grandchildren, reading, and traveling to ancient lands.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Kregel Academic & Professional, 2004. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0825428807
Book Description Kregel Academic & Professional, 2004. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0825428807
Book Description Kregel Academic & Professional, 2004. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110825428807