This introductory textbook covers statistical quality control and reliability, emphasizing quality and essential material for all engineers. It features chapters on decision theory and stochastic models as well as a discussion of computer programs for multiple regression analysis.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Now with even more examples with real data, real-world applications, and computer exercise, the Fourth Edition of this accessible text prepares you for situations you're likely to encounter as a professionakl engineer.
Together with new co-authors David Goldsman and Connie Borror, William Hines and Douglas Montgomery have refined their highly effective pedagogical framework to make their text even more user friendly. This Fourth Edition also features a new chapter on statistical methods for computer situation, as well exceptionally clear statistical coverage, expanded discussions of quiality control, experimental design, and different types of interval estimation, and coverage of such special topics as nonparametric statistics, p-values in hypothetical testing, and residual analysis.
Highlights of the Fourth Edition:
* New examples and applications provide a real-world perspective on how engineers use probability and statistics in professional practice.
* Over 600 exercises, including many new computation problems, provide opportunities for hands-on learning.
* An entirely new chapter on statistical methods for computer simulation methods covers Monte Carlo experimentation, random number and variate generation, and simulation output data analysis.
* New chapter organization starts with probability theory and progresses through random variables, discrete and continuous distributions, and normal distribution, before introducing statistics and data description techniques.
* Each chapter starts with an introduction that describes the importance of the topic and features interesting historical information related to the topic.
* End-of-chapter summaries reinforce the main topics and goals of the chapter.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Ronald Press, New York, 1972. hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP57186946
Book Description Ronald Press, New York, 1972. hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP93178852
Book Description Ronald Press, New York, 1972. hardcover. Book Condition: Very Good. Former Library book. Great condition for a used book! Minimal wear. Bookseller Inventory # GRP65286954
Book Description Ronald Press,U.S., 1972. Book Condition: Good. A+ Customer service! Satisfaction Guaranteed! Book is in Used-Good condition. Pages and cover are clean and intact. Used items may not include supplementary materials such as CDs or access codes. May show signs of minor shelf wear and contain limited notes and highlighting. Bookseller Inventory # 0826041450-2-4
Book Description Ronald Press,U.S., 1972. Hardcover. Book Condition: Good. Ships with Tracking Number! INTERNATIONAL WORLDWIDE Shipping available. May not contain Access Codes or Supplements. May be ex-library. Shipping & Handling by region. Buy with confidence, excellent customer service!. Bookseller Inventory # 0826041450