"This book offers you a gift more precious than money--it will enable you to say in six minutes what used to take you twenty." --Say It in Six
Say It in Six is the freshest, fastest, most timely book on making presentations since the invention of the stopwatch. In crisp words by Ron Hoff and wonderful illustrations by Barrie Maguire, Say It in Six will help take the clutter and claptrap out of meetings that waste millions of dollars in time every working day.
The book gets down to business in a hurry:
* Example: You'll learn how to "dump the junk" that makes most speeches about as buoyant as the Titanic.
* You'll learn a "high wire" structure that starts every speech with a crackle and closes with a 30-second bid for interaction.
* You'll be interacting with the author on almost every page. Example: Ron Hoff takes a first-class 12-minute speech by a speaker you'll recognize--cuts it down to six minutes--and asks you to vote for "long" or "short" on the basis of which one communicates the very same message.
* If you've ever had a bad dream about Traffic Court, you'll find that Say It in Six gives you a six-minute plan that will usher you right past the judge without denting your wallet or taunting your blood pressure. .
* Maybe, best of all, Say It in Six could help you hold your job through a sudden siege of downsizing.
Here's a book that moves fast--that knows what it's against (wasting time) --and knows what it's for (communications that illuminate smart decisions).
If you read Ron Hoff's first book, I Can See You Naked, you know this isn't going to be some ordinary, run-of-the-mill, stone-gray book on making presentations. It's fast, visual, and fun. Like a winning presentation should be.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Andrews McMeel Publishing, 1996. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0836210417
Book Description Andrews McMeel Publishing, 1996. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110836210417