SOE First Jazz Performance is modeled after the First Performance series by Bruce Pearson and Barrie Gott. It is a collection of ten grade ½ jazz charts, but with the addition of optional concert band instrumentation. This highly versatile and flexible book will encourage and support students in their first explorations of jazz style and performance, whether in a jazz ensemble or a concert band setting.
- TEN full charts in Rock, Latin, and Swing styles.
- RHYTHM STUDIES help players learn the rhythms used in each piece through clapping.
- UNISON SOLOS introduce young students to jazz soloing without requiring them to improvise.
- IMPROVISATION STARTERS included in the Director Score can be photocopied for students ready to improvise.
- TWO Drum set parts (traditional and simplified)
- TWO Guitar parts (melody and chorus)
- DIRECTOR SCORE includes CD with Rhythm Studies, Unison Solo Studies, and Complete Recordings of all the charts.
- STUDENT BOOKS include access to FREE Downloads of full length recordings of each chart; rhythm and solo study accompaniment grooves; and improvisation starter sheets.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
(No Available Copies)
If you know the book but cannot find it on AbeBooks, we can automatically search for it on your behalf as new inventory is added. If it is added to AbeBooks by one of our member booksellers, we will notify you!Create a Want