This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Fourth Finger on B-flat: Effective Strategies for Teaching Piano presents real-world solutions and teaching approaches that piano teachers can readily use in their studios. This user-friendly and personable text incorporates the basics of establishing a studio and then moves on to discussions of how students musically develop and learn, using ideas from educational psychology.
The book includes:
- Specific ideas to use for your first interview/audition with a student
- A comprehensive overview of musical development
- Guidelines for teaching students with special needs, talented, ADHD
- Unique musical ways of knowing
- 10 easy steps to Musical Problem-Solving
- Teaching strategies to mesh with different learning styles
- Idea to organize a systematic approach to scale and technical development
- Practice techniques that include student self-assessment
- Creative projects for the studio
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Kjos Music Company, 2012. Paperback. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0849797632