* Published in North and Central America by the American Fisheries Society.
* Available exclusively from CABI Publishing in all other territories of the world.
* Second edition of a leading fish culture manual
* Relevant for both private and public fish culture
* Vital as a training tool and as a day to day hatchery resource
This second edition expands and updates the original Fish Hatchery Management, the preeminent fish culture manual, originally published in 1982, which has been used in universities and training centres to train new generations of culturists. The new edition has been completely rewritten by experts to include major advances in hatchery operation, in practical knowledge about raising high-quality fish, and in optimal use of cultured fishes in management programs. This up-to-date volume is greatly needed as a training tool and day-to-day hatchery resource. Like the first edition, the book includes a great deal of information about particular species, but its focus remains on the requirements and practical operation of culture systems.
The new edition covers advances in production, water issues, transportation, stocking, open systems, controlled systems, semi-controlled systems, broodstocks and spawning, nutrition and feeding, fish health, and special considerations. Authors have developed chapters for relevance to both private and public fish culture.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description CABI, 2002. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0851996272