This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The first and possibly only book to be reviewed favorably in both The Women's Review of Books andHustler, Sex Work popularized the term "sex work" to describe the occupations of street prostitutes, exotic dancers, nude models, escorts, porn actresses, and workers in massage parlors, and so changed the way we talk about sex and money. Features the original stories of women in the life, including writings by Sapphire, Nina Hartley, and Joan Nestle.
Updated for the Second Edition:
* Sex Workers' response to AIDS
* Latest information on the legal status of sex work in the United States, Europe, and Asia
* Growth of the international prostitutes' rights movement
* Bibliography, revised to reflect a decades’ worth of writing and publishing on sex work
* Resources, including activist organizations and publicationsmany just a Web click away
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Suzanne Toren has recorded over nine hundred audiobooks. She has performed on Broadway and in regional theaters in works penned by Shakespeare, Moliere, and Arthur Miller. She has also appeared on Law & Order and in various soap operas. She was awarded the Narrator of the Year Award for her audiobook recordings for the Library of Congress and has earned more than two dozen Earphones Awards from AudioFile magazine.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Virago Press, Limited, 1988. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110860681548