This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
This travel guide to Nepal provides information necessary to visitors on all budgets, including advice on getting there, accommodation, local cuisine, places to visit, language tips, and health and safety. This edition includes tips on eco-sensitive travel, and walking/trekking.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
From Antarctica to Zimbabwe, if you're going there, chances are Lonely Planet has been there first. With a pithy and matter-of-fact writing style, these guides are guaranteed to calm the nerves of first-time world travelers, while still listing off-the-beaten-path finds sure to thrill even the most jaded globetrotters. Lonely Planet has been perfecting its guidebooks for nearly 30 years and as a result, has the experience and know-how similar to an older sibling's "been there" advice. The original backpacker's bible, the LP series has recently widened its reach. While still giving insights for the low-budget traveler, the books now list a wide range of accommodations and itineraries for those with less time than money.
This completely updated guide contains excellent trekking information (including advice for those planning to trek with children), extensive background on people and cultures, and essential pretrip guidance, including tips on being an ecologically sound traveler. Sidebar highlights: short overviews of a festival calendar, the Dhyani Buddhas, one traveler's account of a Nepalese bus ride, antiques, and the gods of Nepal. --Kathryn TrueFrom the Publisher:
Who We Are
At Lonely Planet, we see our job as inspiring and enabling travellers to connect with the world for their own benefit and for the benefit of the world at large.
What We Do
* We offer travellers the world's richest travel advice, informed by the collective wisdom of over 350 Lonely Planet authors living in 37 countries and fluent in 70 languages.
* We are relentless in finding the special, the unique and the different for travellers wherever they are.
* When we update our guidebooks, we check every listing, in person, every time.
* We always offer the trusted filter for those who are curious, open minded and independent.
* We challenge our growing community of travellers; leading debate and discussion about travel and the world.
* We tell it like it is without fear or favor in service of the travellers; not clouded by any other motive.
What We Believe
We believe that travel leads to a deeper cultural understanding and compassion and therefore a better world.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Lonely Planet, 1996. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0864423977
Book Description Lonely Planet, 1996. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110864423977