Introduced in 1978, the Alexander Discipline represents a unique approach to orthodontic treatment; today, legions of clinicians around the world apply its 20 master principles in their practices. An outgrowth of the Tweed technique, these basic principles have been developed empirically over many years in the author s own practice. Complete records of patients treated by the author dating back 25 years are presented to demonstrate specific results and the stability of treatment. This book will be of strong interest to anyone involved in the study or practice of orthodontics.
1. Effort Equals Results
2. There Are No Little Things
3. The KISS Principle
4. Establish Goals for Stability
5. Plan Your Work, Then Work Your Plan
6. Use Brackets Designed for Specific Prescriptions
7. Build Treatment into Bracket Placement
8. Exploit Growth to Obtain Predictable Orthopedic Correction
9. Establish Ideal Arch Form
10. Follow a Logical Achwire Sequence
11. Consolidate Arches Early in Treatment
12. Ensure Complete Bracket Engagement and Maintain Consolidation
13. Let It Cook!
14. Level the Arches and Open the Bite with Reverse-Curve Archwires
15. Create Symmetry
16. Use Intraoral Elastics to Coordinate the Arches
17. Use Nonextraction Treatment Whenever Possible
18. Use Extraction Treatment Whenever Necessary
19. Careful Appliance Removal and Retention Will Improve Stability
20. Create Compliance
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This book was a pleasure to read. It is well written and well illustrated. The case studies at the end of most chapters were particularly beneficial to understanding what was presented. The author has long-term follow-up with many of his patients, which allows the reader to see how treatment held up over the years. --Kevin Hanley, DDS - The New York State Dental Journal, August/September 2008
All orthodontists and students who aspire to rendering optimal treatment to their patients, regardless of their preferred appliance systems, will be engaged, intrigued, and inspired by Dr Alexander s extraordinary book. --Elliott M. Moskowitz, DDS, MSD - Journal of Clinical Oncology, August 2008
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Quintessence Pub Co, 2008. Hardcover. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110867154675