Jeff Herman is a leading New York literary agent who has represented best-selling authors and has helped thousands of new writers launch successful careers. This latest annual edition of the classic writer's directory provides everything working writers need to find the most receptive publishers, editors and agents for their work. Each entry presents an overview of the publisher, including its history and current lines, followed by the names of specific editors, their areas of interest, and complete contact information. It also features listings for over 150 top literary agencies, along with their agents, what they represent and how to contact them. Finally, this important reference includes expert guidance on such valuable topics as how to pitch a book, prepare a winning query and proposal, negotiate a contract, and much more.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Writers everywhere agree: When it's time to navigate the complex world of book publishing, this is the book they value most!
· Presents more than 400 major U.S. and Canadian trade publishers – major houses and imprints plus independent, university, and religious/spiritual presses.
· Includes a major section covering the interests, experiences, and personalities of over 130 top literary agents
· Reveals the connections of imprints to their parent companies
· Offers insider interviews with key editors at houses of all sizes, from high-quality indie presses to "Big Five" mega-media conglomerates.
· Features 20 articles by Herman and other industry experts on query letters and proposals, book doctors, self0publishing, ghostwriting, working with agents, and more.
Jeff Herman is the principal of the Jeff Herman Literary Agency in New York, where he has represented top book authors for many years. He is also a favorite presenter at writer conferences around the country.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Writer, Inc., 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110871162105
Book Description Writer, Inc., 2004. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0871162105
Book Description Writer, Inc. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0871162105 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1402668