This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
The Rookie Coaches Swimming Guide provides a unique combination of coaching advice and swimming expertise for the beginning youth swimming coach. This concise book presents the basic principles of coaching and shows you how to teach fundamental swimming skills to young swimmers.
The Rookie Coaches Swimming Guide was developed by the American Sport Education Program—America's premier coaching education program. With contributions by John Leonard, executive director of the American Swim Coaches Association, this guide details:
- your major responsibilities as a coach,
- the tools required to be an effective coach,
- the communication skills necessary for coaching young athletes,
- the steps in planning practices and teaching swimming skills,
- the methods for preventing and caring for injuries, and
- how to protect yourself from legal liability.
In addition, the book provides essential information for coaching swimming, including:
- information on swimming pools and equipment;
- a discussion of the operational procedures of swim meets;
- key teaching points for the four competitive strokes—freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, and butterfly;
- 19 drills for isolating and improving specific skills;
- techniques for detecting and correcting errors commonly made with each of the four strokes;
- instruction on how to properly execute starts and turns;
- a sample season plan; and
- a glossary that defines 50 common swimming terms.
By combining the fundamentals of coaching and swimming in one resource, the Rookie Coaches Swimming Guide provides all the essential information developing swimming coaches need to make their coaching experience safe, successful, and enjoyable.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
"An absolute must for the first-time swim coach and a valuable resource for the experienced coach as well."
Phillip Whitten, PhD Editor-in-Chief, Swimming World Author, The Complete Book of Swimming "Filled with basic information that every new coach can use to effectively deal with athletes."
Richard A. Klatt Director of Aquatics Special Olympics InternationalAbout the Author:
Since 1981 the American Sport Education Program has provided educational opportunities for more than 625,000 coaches, parents, and sport administrators through its multilevel curriculum.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Human Kinetics, 1994. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0873226453
Book Description Human Kinetics, 1994. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0873226453
Book Description Human Kinetics, 1994. Paperback. Condition: New. Brand New!. Seller Inventory # VIB0873226453