Whether you have one unit or one hundred, this book with disk will give you the legal and practical information you need to comply with your state's laws, find and keep good tenants, and avoid legal trouble.
A Nolo bestseller, Every Landlord's Legal Guide shows you how to:
* screen and choose prospective tenants and deal with problem tenants
* write a legal rental agreement or lease
* hire a property manager
* understand repair, maintenance and security responsibilities and avoid injuries and law suits
* comply with laws regarding security deposits, privacy, discrimination, senior housing, habitability and much more
The completely revised and updated third edition provides:
* a Spanish lease and Spanish month-to-month rental agreement
* a Spanish version of the required federal lead-hazard disclosure forms and informational pamphlet
* changes in state laws regarding rent rules, state lead-hazard reduction laws and more
* updated state statutes online
All the necessary forms and agreements are included as tear-outs and on CD-ROM.
Don’t lease a home without it!
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
This is a practical, well-organized manual for how to be a good landlord and avoid some of the pitfalls of owning rental property. Sample leases and rental agreements, information about liability, discrimination, repairs, and maintenance, and how to deal with problem tenants fairly and legally are all contained in here. Maybe if more landlords read this book, more tenants would feel like they and the owner are not intrinsic adversaries. Even though we get along quite well, and have for the last 22 years, I lent my copy to my landlord--for the other tenants' sakes!Book Description:
Every landlord and property manager needs to know the laws in their state in order to run a successful business, stay out of legal trouble with tenants, and minimize lawyer fees. This book provides comprehensive state-specific information and dozens of legal forms that the millions of U.S. landlords and property managers need―all for the price of less than 30 minutes of a typical lawyer’s time.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Nolo. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0873375572 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.1406466
Book Description Nolo, 2000. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0873375572