This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Explains the legal aspects of operating a crafts business, covering such topics as contracts, copyrights, trademarks, licensing agreements, and taxes.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
If you're a crafts artists concerned about issues such as sales disputes, consignment, design thievery, tax disputes, studio leases, workspace safety and employer liability, then this is the book for you. It's my attempt to provide a real-world view of running a small crafts business and to offer tips for steering your business on a "no problems" course. I've tried to incorporate the experiences of various crafts artists as well as my own experience working with crafts clients.
This book will help you:
· Determine the form of your crafts business.
· Secure your workspace and negotiating your studio lease.
· Sell your work, whether consignment, retail, wholesale or commissioned sales.
· Go online including choosing a domain name, setting up a shopping cart and choosing a web host.
· Work with employees and contractors.
· Register and protect trademarks and business names.
· Register and protect your work with design patents .
· Register your copyright and avoid copyright problems.
· License your crafts (including a sample agreement and analysis).
· Deal with sales reps (and a model sales rep agreement).
· Avoid liability and legal problems including finding a lawyer, examining your insurance options and resolving contract disputes and rip-offs.
· Calculate and pay income taxes.
In addition to this information, you'll find a dozen agreements and sample letters that you can modify on the CD-Rom attached at the back of this book.About the Author:
Rich Stim is a graduate of the University of San Francisco School of Law where he studied intellectual property law. He practices law in San Francisco, specializing in intellectual property and licensing and is an adjunct professor at San Francisco State University. He is the author of Music Law: How to Run Your Band's Business, License Your Invention and Getting Permission: How to License and Clear Copyrighted Materials Online & Off (all published by Nolo); as well as Intellectual Property: Patents, Trademarks & Copyrights (West).
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description NOLO, 2003. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0873378385
Book Description Nolo, 2003. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0873378385