This specific ISBN edition is currently not available.View all copies of this ISBN edition:
Buckland’s Book of Saxon Witchcraft was one of the first books to explore Wicca from a solitary perspective. Originally written 30 years ago to correct abuses he saw occurring in covens, Buckland offered Wiccan seekers an introductory text on Saxon witchcraft or Seax-Wicca, which can be practiced alone.
Buckland presents meticulously researched information on the time-honored tradition of Saxon witchcraft. He writes cogently and informatively about the history, mythology, spiritual practices, and witchcraft of Saxon England.
Buckland’s Book of Saxon Witchcraft includes everything the solitary witch needs to practice Seax-Wicca, including:
· Descriptions of the Saxon deities and explanations of their primary beliefs
· An introduction to the magical runic Saxon alphabet
· A selection of original Pagan songs
· A selection of Seax-Wiccan recipes for intoxicants
· Instructions for initiation ceremonies, the eight Sabbats, marriage, birth, and death rites
· An explanation of the art and practice of Saxon Galdra or magic and the divination and herbal lore used for protection, love potions, and healing
· The Seax-Wicca Rite of Self-Dedication, which allows individuals to form their own covens and initiate themselves into the Craft
An indispensable handbook for solitary witches or for witches in covens who want to explore Saxon witchcraft.
Originally published as The Tree: The Complete Book of Saxon Witchcraft (ISBN: 0877282587), this edition offers a new introduction by the author to guide a new generation of witches into the art and practice of Seax-Wicca.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Raymond Buckland is one of the fathers of the modern Wiccan movement. Directed by Gardner himself to bring Wicca to the United States, Buckland rose to prominence as a leader in the movement. Buckland is still active and well known in the Wiccan community. He is the author of many books about the Craft.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Weiser Books, 1974. Paperback. Condition: New. Seller Inventory # DADAX0877282587
Book Description Red Wheel/Weiser, 1974. Condition: New. book. Seller Inventory # M0877282587
Book Description Red Wheel/Weiser. PAPERBACK. Condition: New. 0877282587 New Condition. Seller Inventory # NEW7.0471398
Book Description Red Wheel/Weiser, 1974. Paperback. Condition: New. Never used!. Seller Inventory # P110877282587