These 150 quick-and-easy recipes turn bumper crops into mouthwatering pickles and relishes, using little or no salt. All techniques meet current USDA guidelines.
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Turn bumper crops -- fruits and all kinds of vegetables -- into mouth-watering pickles and relishes as tasty as Grandmother used to make -- in much less the time, with far less salt, and with no chemical additives.
New recipes for today's cooks include:
* Freezer pickles that take less than a half hour to prepare.
* Refrigerator pickles that require no canning.
* Salt-free pickles for dieters.
* Traditional dill crock pickles, including no-fail Half-Sours.
* Variations on old favorites, such as sunshine pickles, bread and butters, pickled okra, pickled cauliflower, piccalilli, dilly beans, and chutney.
* Pickles and relishes made from apples, beans, beets, carrots, corn, cauliflower, cucumbers, Jerusalem artichokes, okra, onions, parsnips, pears, peppers, purslane, pumpkins, summer squash, red and green tomatoes, watermelon, and zucchini.
Dozens of tips guarantee crisp pickles without alum. Illustrated step-by-step pickling methods provide easy guidance for even novice picklers.About the Author:
Andrea Chesman is a food writer and gardener and the author of several cookbooks, including Recipes from the Root Cellar, Serving Up the Harvest, and The Pickled Pantry. A resident of Vermont, she has been a contributing editor for Vermont Life and Edible Green Mountains.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Storey Books, 1983. Paperback. Book Condition: New. Never used!. Bookseller Inventory # P110882663216
Book Description Storey Books. PAPERBACK. Book Condition: New. 0882663216 New Condition. Bookseller Inventory # NEW7.0482165
Book Description Storey Books, 1983. Paperback. Book Condition: New. book. Bookseller Inventory # M0882663216