This series features:
* separate listening/speaking and reading/writing volumes
* detailed teacher activity and planning manuals
* communicative, task-based, interactive classroom activities
* proficiency-based orientation
* focuses on the learner
* includes both forms of the Chinese character
* presents real-life, graded tasks in various contexts
* students develop their own strategies to express meaning
* already adopted by many secondary schools and college level programs
how to implement the curriculum; classroom activities for each lesson; syllabus planning; sample syllabi; includes reproducible handouts
"synopsis" may belong to another edition of this title.
Cynthia Ning is Associate Director of the Center for Chinese Studies at the University of Hawai'i at Manoa. She regularly conducts teacher-training sessions for secondary and post-secondary levels on performance-based language testing and training, and gives a wide range of lectures on Chinese culture to both academic and non-academic audiences. She has also served as president of the international Chinese Language Teachers Association.
"About this title" may belong to another edition of this title.
Book Description Yale University Press, 1993. Book Condition: Good. Tch. Former Library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. Bookseller Inventory # GRP94378729
Book Description Book Condition: Good. [ No Hassle 30 Day Returns ][ Ships Daily ] [ Underlining/Highlighting: NONE ] [ Writing: NONE ] [ Edition: First ] Publisher: Yale University Press Pub Date: 3/11/1993 Binding: Paperback Pages: 199 First edition. Bookseller Inventory # 4627680